What is the tour cost?
Firm costs can’t be given until 2022 pricing is released. This is expected to be around the 2nd quarter of 2021. As a guide expect the tour (excluding travel to and from Ireland) to be about AU$11,000-$12,500 per person twin share. A single supplement would be about 30% higher.
How many will be in the tour group?
We require a minimum of 20 people for the tour to proceed. The group size will be limited to 34 maximum.
When will bookings open?
This will happen in 3 stages
- now – open for registrations of interest through our initial interest survey
- early 2022 – provisional bookings will open once we determine there is enough interest for the tour to proceed. We will accept up to 34 bookings with a modest $200 deposit – fully refundable if the booking is not confirmed soon after bookings open. These 34 will have the first option to convert this to a firm booking – as below with any deposit paid transferred to our travel agent as a deposit (non-refundable)
- 2nd quarter 2022 (expected) – open for firm bookings once 2022 prices are known and the tour cost is settled
This tour has been deferred from the originally planned dates (12 Sep – 5 Oct 2021) for a year. The new dates have not yet been finalised. There are three main reasons:
1. uncertainty over when international travel will resume
2. the need to allow for considerable lead time between opening for bookings and the tour itself. We had planned to open for bookings in mid 2021, but that is too early in the current disruption.
3. uncertainty about when Covid-19 will be controlled enough – or a vaccine is available – for people to be willing to travel freely again